Friday, February 25, 2011

JJ, Lewis, and family,

I was so sorry to hear about your mom.  She has been so courageous over these past few years and has been a great inspiration.  I have very fond memories of spending time with your parents and feel fortunate to have been able to know your mom even as briefly as I did.  In reading Lewis' talk, and especially his description of the time that Fikre spent the weekend with your family, I couldn't help but think how this encapsulates your parents so perfectly for me.  Your mom was always so friendly and kind to everyone she met.  She was truly an example of a Christ-like individual who lifted others throughout her life.

It may not mean much, but when my dad died, the best advice that anyone gave me was that these things have a way of working themselves out.  It will take time, and you will always miss your mom, but things will work out.  You can always be comforted by the knowledge that you will be together again. 

Know that our prayers are with you and your family during this time.  May Heavenly Father bless you all.

All our love,
Scott and Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment