Friday, February 11, 2011

Dear Krieger Famiy,
I haven't been able to stop thinking about Deanne.  I had to write and
let you know how much she meant to me and how much I already miss her.
 I was so sad to miss her funeral (both Jon and Leo were sick) I was
so looking forward to hearing all of the memories and stories of
Deanne.  But really, for me, I knew all that I needed to know about
her.  I knew she loved me. She rejoiced like she was my own mother
when I told her I was pregnant with Leo.   I knew she was always
hopeful even in her times of greatest trial. I knew how much she loved
her children and grandchildren.  She would light up with her amazing
smile every time she spoke of one of you or one of your kids. I knew
that she was one of the most selfless, giving people I've ever known.
I would watch her expression on a Sunday night when we were sitting
around her table making African beaded necklaces and she looked like
she was experiencing true joy and contentment at that moment.
 I believe with all my heart my mom was one of the first to welcome
Deanne and rejoice with her. They both endured similar circumstances
and I'm sure have so much to share with each other. They where there
for each other here on earth and will now continue to be there for
each other. When my Mom passed away I was pregnant with my first
child.  I didn't think I could go a day without her. I didn't want to
be a mom without my mom.  I didn't want my children to grow up without
her influence in their lives.  And as hard as it still is, I can say
that most of the days I still feel like she never left.  I feel her so
close to me, so close to my children it's almost as if I looked out my
window I would see her standing across the street smiling and waving
at me, not missing a moment.
Deanne is part of all of us.  She is a part of me, of who I am.
Knowing her was a gift.  So many things remind me of her.  I put on my
African apron to cook and I smile and think of her. I pull my
scriptures out on Sunday from the African case and smile and think of
her.  I think about how many people she has helped both here and in
Africa. She has influenced so many lives.  I am one of those lives.
Thank you for sharing her with us.  Thank you for letting us always
crash the Lisonbee family parties and for loving us anyway.
I know the next step is so hard.  Moving forward without her. But her
love and strength never leaves.  It will be what helps you put one
foot in front of the other.  You will feel her strength driving you
forward.  You will know she is there.
I love you all so much.  I love Deanne so much.   Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment