Friday, February 25, 2011

I will always remember Deanne fondly.
Darrick Olsen and I were talking on Sunday about how much fun we had working with her on Pioneer Trek, Youth conferences, News Years Eve Dances, firesides and other youth activities.  We both agreed we had way to much fun.
Pres Evans walked up at that time and agreed with us that she was a great lady.
Darrick pointed out that if we went along with her ideas the activities were always successful.
 
I remember how hard she worked to make sure the Pioneer Trek of  1999 was a good experience for everyone.  She had had a really bad experience on the previous pioneer trek.  We sat in Pres. Romney's office for four hours assigning kids to Ma's and Pa's, and she would not let us move forward until every kid was assigned to the correct family.
 
We laughed every time we talked about the indian raid that we scheduled for the middle of the first night on that trek.  (Ask Kurt about this)
 
I helped here with 4 or 5 girls camps and she was quick to laugh at a joke and made everyone feel comfortable.
 
Working with her never felt like work it was always fun.  Thinking about her makes me smile because she was such a joy to be around.
 
I will always cherish the memories I have of her.
 
John E. B

No comments:

Post a Comment