Friday, February 25, 2011

I want Deanne's children and grand-children to know how important it was to her to teach her family the Gospel. When the kids were little Deanne and I became members of an FHE group.  Each month we designed a family home evening lesson and made one for every member of the group. At the end of the month we would receive a lesson made from all the other members on various subjects.  I remember one month in particular when Deanne and I decided to do a rather large laminated booklet on Easter.  We included copies of the Biblical events leading up to and following the Resurrection and bound them together with Rings.  We bit off a little more than we realized.  We were at Bi World (Woodland) for many hours laminating and colating our project. We still have ours today.

I also remember fondly when Adam and Jenna and J.J and Jordan were little and Deanne was always up for doing something fun and challenging.  She invited me to go with her and Jenny Slater to attend an aerobics class.  At the time the only transportation we had was an old gold cadillac (yes we had a gold cadillac boat) that kept leaking power-steering fluid.  Often the car would become so hard for me to steer that Deanne had to help me.  But we were unstoppable.  We continued to herd all the kids into the car to attend our class.  Without Deanne, I know I would have given up. She was a force of nature!

Love,

Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment