Friday, December 31, 2010

I only knew Deanne a few years, but she touched me deeply and changed my life for the better.  Deanne was one of the 12 law school friends of my husband, DAve Colton.  I joined the group late as a "graftee" because Dave and I were married later in life following very sad divorces for both of us.  I came to the group a little unsure of myself, but Deanne, with her warm smile and direct, kind gaze helped me feel welcome from the first time I met her.  I'll never forget it.   It was at Palm Springs, and although she was not feeling her best, she was so very kind and concerned for me and about me. 
 
During the next five years I have worked to keep in touch with Deanne. Every time I have been in Salt Lake in the past few years since she and Kurt have lived there, I have made a point of going out to lunch with her, going to her scripture study group with her, or having dinner with her and Kurt, sometimes with other friends.  I was purely selfish in this...I always left feeling better about myself.  Deanne, somehow, always made it about me, not about her.  She wanted to make beaded earrings or bracelets for me, she wanted to know all about my family, she was just so precious!  I am so deeply sad....I feel as if I have lost a lifelong friend, when I have only known her so briefly. 
 
Kurt, to you and your beautiful children and grandchildren, I mourn with you at the loss of your lovely wife, mother and grandmother.  She was such a gift to me!  We are all comforted by her goodness...we know where she is and how much happiness she is feeling now.  May the Lord give you the love and comfort you need right now. 
 
I love you, Deanne.
 
Julie C.

No comments:

Post a Comment