Friday, December 31, 2010

I  met Deanne  in February 2004, when I spent a few days in Accra for training with the Africa Area Office. I was immediately struck by her warmth and vitality. She embraced life and made me want to do the same.  I think of how industrious she was - you just needed to cast a glance over the Krieger home in Accra to see that she didn't waste her time. I still have a bag that she made out of typical Ghana fabric She helped women in her ward make loads of bags  so that they could sell them, to learn independence. While we were visiting, she got us making pretty decorations out of glass beads - we could have just sat and chatted the afternoon away. Instead, we came away having created something worthwhile (and we chatted too of course!)
Deanne  was bright and funny and charming and I was sorry I did not have the opportunity to spend more time in her company, but I am grateful for the short time I did have. As I think of her example, I want to focus more on the positive, I want to complain a little less and love a little more. I want to spend more time on worthwhile endeavours and less time on frivolous things. I want to be a little bolder in expressing what I know to be true.
How blessed we are to know of  the Plan of Salvation; to know that absences, however painful, are but temporary.

Pam M

No comments:

Post a Comment