Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hello Krieger family,

I was one of Deanne's BYU freshman roommates--What a wonderful, easy friend she was.  We only lived together that one year, but what a year it was!  One of the fun memories was trekking to the SLC airport in October, 1975, to be with Deanne when she bid farewell to Kurt as he headed off on his mission.  She was smiling the whole time--that wonderful, full-faced smile--but she bawled her eyes out all the way there and back!  I am attaching the photos of that early morning.  (There are three pictures--one of Sue K., Deanne, and Paula C. walking into the airport, then one of Deanne and Kurt as she gives him a boat-load of presents, and then one of the back of Deanne as she watches Kurt's airplane take off.)  There was never any doubt that Deanne's heart was with Kurt on his mission.  

I am also attaching three pictures of the six of us--Harris Hall apartment #67 (Pat S., Paula C., Deanne Lisonbee, Marianne K., Nanette S., and me , Gayle L.)
My sister, Saundra B., has mentioned Deanne and Kurt Krieger to me several times--what wonderful people you are and how much she enjoys you--but just a few weeks ago told me that Deanne had made the connection (that Saundra and I are sisters).  She told me Deanne had been my roommate, and I said, "Deanne Lisonbee?"  I was thrilled to have that connection and was so sorry to hear that this fight was coming to a close.  

My heart and prayers go out to your family.  I loved Deanne and always knew that her life would be full and fun and significant.  From everything that Saundra has told me, as well as the wonderful tribute to her in the paper, she made so much of the life that she had.  It was a great privilege to know her.

Gayle S. L.





No comments:

Post a Comment