Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I had the good fortune to meet Deanne almost six years ago in Ghana.  My husband was there to help set up a Hearing Center at Korle Bu Hospital.  I came along without knowing what I would be doing and Deanne was one of those that helped me to find things to do.  She took me to bead markets, the batik fabric place, just to name a few.  I was also very impressed with what she did for others while I was there.  Watching her open up her home to ladies to sew bags, aprons, skirts, etc. was very impressive.  As we met for scripture study once a week, she had an insight and understanding of the scriptures that was also very impressive.   Yet, in all that she was willing to do for others, I still knew of her love for her family.  I have thought of her often and how much she did for others while in Ghana and wish that I could have done something for her. 
We send our sympathy to your family and treasure our memories of her.
Kim and Margene L

No comments:

Post a Comment