Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Deanne served as the stake young women president in Park City immediately before I did. I will never forget how encouraging she was as I took over those responsibilities. I remember sitting in the high council room feeling very overwhelmed while she went through the handbook with me.  With her wide, warm smile she repeatedly assured me I would be "great." I knew that she was sincerely hoping for my success.  Eight months and one girls camp later, I saw her again.  She hurried over to me and in her happy and enthusiastic way said, "Congratulations! I heard camp was great!"  I was impressed that she was so quick to compliment and so generous with her praise.  I will always be grateful for her example of loving and cheering for each other.
Amy W

No comments:

Post a Comment